FELLOWSHIP IN FOOD PROTECTION
Leadership Development for the Integrated Food Safety System
The IFPTI Fellowship Program is a unique, year-long program for food protection professionals who want to make a positive impact on the profession through association membership, advocacy, and applied leadership.
The Fellowship will soon have more than 60 alumni from federal, state, and local regulatory food protection agencies, and we are now welcoming applications for Cohort VII. Click here to create an account and apply online.
WHY IT’S UNIQUE
- Fellows are paired with a food protection mentor, who provides Fellows with one-on-one advice and assistance related to the Fellows’ research projects and who helps the them develop professional growth plans that can lead to long-term career growth and leadership enhancement.
- Fellows design and conduct original research projects.
- Fellows are provided ample opportunities to network with current and future leaders in the food protection arena.
- Surveys of Fellowship alumni show that, since participating in the program, they have assumed greater roles and responsibilities within their agencies, have received promotions, and have taken more active roles in food protection associations and committees.
- The Fellowship Program is offered at no cost for selected participants. Fellows are reimbursed for all appropriate program travel expenses according to IFPTI’s travel policy.
- Fellows receive 16.6 IACET CEUs upon completion of the program.
- Fellowship Program original research project findings are published in a special edition of the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) Journal and presented at the AFDO Annual Educational Conference.
- Fellow research projects have served as the basis for AFDO Resolutions addressing emerging national food safety issues.
WHAT IFPTI FELLOWSHIP MEANS TO THE FELLOWS
Fellows who complete the IFPTI Fellowship program represent the next generation of leaders ready to meet new challenges in a climate of dynamic and continuous change. The following statistics offer some key insights into the program’s immediate and lasting value to the Fellows:
- 43% reported being given a new job title or being promoted within their regulatory division, department, agency or industry after completing the IFPTI Fellowship
- 79% indicated having increased leadership roles in professional associations or work-related committees
- 92% indicated that they had assumed more responsibilities at work
- 93% use the professional designation ‘IFPTI Fellow’